2014 – Promenade Festival War and Peas
This years theme was War and Peas to commemorate the start of the Great War and to tell of the part the Isle of Sheppey played both on the front line and at home.
– the UK Paper Band playing at Barton Point
– a play at Sheppey Little Theatre ‘Our Friends the Enemy’
– a talk at Sheppey Little Theatre about Sheerness ships and the part they played in WW1
– an exhibition at Blue Town Heritage Centre called ‘Barbed Wire Island’
– a parade by Big Fish in Sheerness High Street
– a concert of WW1 songs by Aspirations 50+ group at Sheerness East Working Mens Club